Friday, May 1, 2009

Bankruptcy

Chrysler is in bankruptcy! OH NOES!

Ahem, now that the panic is over let me say something. Every, and I mean EVERY article I have read on this has gone out of its way to say that while the bankruptcy is supposed to last 60 days, the bankruptcy of the airlines or of parts manufacturer Delphi have drug on for years.

Ok, that's nice. And almost completely irrelevant in the context of 90% of the articles written. Comparing previous corporate bankruptcy filings to the current Chrysler one isn't really something you can do.

This is essentially a government imposed filing so that various issues can be cleared up and the merger with Fiat can go through.

Now, I'm not saying the filing won't last longer than 60 days. It probably will. I'm just tired of EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE working in how long other, completely different, bankruptcies have lasted.

Stop already. Please.

No comments: