Thursday, February 24, 2011

Something light and musical

So, I love music. Lots of rock and metal, but I can find something in most genres I can appreciate if not seek out.

Classic NWOBHM, New Wave of British Heavy Metal, is something I've been getting into recently. Iron Maiden in particular is a band I've come to love.

Mashups are a where two songs are "mashed" together. Something DJs have been doing for years but with the advent of youtube its been getting highly popular.

Here is a mashup of the Monkees song "I'm a Believer" with Iron Maiden's "The Trooper." You all know "I'm a Believer" so I'll just post the original The Trooper and the mashup.

I personally find this to be brilliant. Oh, and I WILL be able to play The Trooper on guitar one day. Well, maybe not the solos, cause they're just silly.



No comments: